Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Quiet


Sometimes just the quiet time feeds us the most. We read a few words, lay the book down, and let our minds go. Sometimes it's just enough to let in, to try and absorb, rather than try to make sense out of something. I have been in close proximity to serious illness, impending death, and death and grieving among friends and family for three months now. This is a sacred time for me and the others who are with me at this time. I need quiet, not noise, not rationalization.

After reading the daily office today I have no words. I would like to share this prayer from the Anglican tradition:

Grant, we beseech the, Almighty God, that the words which we have heard this day with our outward ears, may, through thy grace, be so grafterd inwardly in our hearts, that they may bring forth in us the fruit of good living, to the honor and praise of thy Name; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

------------------
Daily office year two:
Num. 16:20-25; Ps. 97, 99 / 94; Rom 4:1-12; Matt. 19:23-30

No comments:

Post a Comment