Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Advocate Will Come


"The LORD created me at the beginning of his work,
the first of his acts long ago.
Ages ago, I was set up, at the first, before the beginning of the earth.
...then I was beside him, like a master worker,
and I was daily his delight, rejoicing before him always,
rejoincing in his inhabited word, and delighting in the human race.
And now, my children, listen to me:
happy are those who keep my ways."
(Prov. 22-23, 30-32)
"I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own, but will speak whatever he hears, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me, because he will take what is mine and delare it to you. All that the Father has is mine. For this reason I said that he will take what is mine and declare to to you." (John 16:12-15)
Meditation: What would you give to know the truth? Truth is not something we create of is our discovery: it is the gift of God. The truth can be frightening, usually because it is out of our control. We're all familiar with the saying "the truth will set you free (John 8:32)," but sometimes the truth is part of that great unknown. What we don't know usually does hurt us. In this mysterious etheral passage from John, we are urged to faith, faith that our Advocate will come (John 16:7). (see also http://www.rc.net/wcc/reading/john1612.htm)
-------------------
Trinity Sunday:
Prov. 8:1-4, 22-31; Psalm 8; Romans 5:1-5; John 16:12-15

No comments:

Post a Comment