Saturday, January 9, 2010

Today's lectionary has quite a collection of favorite Bible verses!

Psalm 121: I lift my eyes to the hills -- from where will my help come? My help comes from the Lord who made heaven and earth..

Psalm 122: I was glad when they said to me: "Let us go to the house of the Lord!"

Psalm 123: To you I lift up my eyes, O you who are enthroned in the heavens!"

John 8:12: "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me wil never walk in darkness but will have the light of life."

There are images of light and openness throughout the readings. Paul's letter encourages us to continue in our faith that "all the treasures of knowledge and wisdom" will be open to us through Christ.


Daily Office Year Two
Isa. 45:14-19; Ps. 121, 122, 123; Col. 1:24 - 2:7; John 8:12-19

No comments:

Post a Comment