Friday, January 8, 2010

January 8, 2010

A couple of years ago during a very trying time, I began what proved to be a wonderful discipline of reading the daily lectionary at the very beginning of the day and writing whatever struck me. That evolved into a pattern. In 2010 I have picked up the discipline again and ask for your prayers that I can continue that discipline. Also, please feel free to add your comments, as we are all one body in the Lord.

In a notebook I enter the Scripture readings, then read them, adding words or phrases that catch my attention - those I believe are things that are speaking to me and resonating in me. Then I'll write some sentences or a short song or poem at the end.

Here's today's:

Exod. 17:1-7: He named the place Massah (Testing-Place) and Merribah (Quarrelling)...."is God with us or not?"

Ps. 117: God's faithful ways are eternal.

Ps. 118: God tested me, he pushed me hard, but he didn't hand me over to death.

Col. 1:15-23: We look at this Son and see God's original purpose in everything created.

John 7:37-52: "If anyone thirsts, let him some to me and drink. Rivers of living water will brim and spill out of the depths of anyone who believes in me this way, just as the Scripture says."

No comments:

Post a Comment